Tuesday 15 January 2013

Preliminary Pieces


PRELIMINARY
For my Preliminary piece I had to produce the cover and contents page of a new student
 magazine.
I decided to centre the magazine around Winstanley college, like a newsletter.
I took photographs around the college campus an used them within the magazine.


 For my cover page I took a photo of a guy playing the drums. The fact that the guy is actually a drummer makes the magazine seem more authentic. The drummer is facing away from the camera giving him a sense of mystery which ties in with the story featured, there is an "exclusive interview" with Liam implying that he does not give interviews often. Looking back on the preliminary cover I can see that it is quite dark and I would also add more photos to the front cover to give the readers a taste of what is in the magazine.
I think I am more satisfied with this page rather than the cover page. The asymmetric, almost jaunty shapes show a sense a continuity from the cover page. The only elements of this contents page I would change is probably the layout of photos on the right hand side. I think it looks boring now and I would also change the font of theinformation on the page. 






No comments:

Post a Comment