Wednesday 8 May 2013

Question 7: Evaluation #1



Progression from Preliminary to Final Piece: Cover Page 



/






My production of a magazine cover page has progressed dramatically from my preliminary, this is mostly due to the fact that I have grasped how to use Photoshop much more. 

My preliminary piece is much simpler and more arbitrary than my final coursework piece. The photo I used of the drummer seems to be too dark for the cover page and the dark border around it looks out of place. 

My final piece photo, on the other hand, is much brighter and looks more suitable for a cover page of a magazine. The focus of the photo is on the model as the photo of Beth has a blank background whereas the photo on my preliminary is much busier making it less suitable for a cover page. 

The style of the cover page for my preliminary also comes across as too simple thus not attracting the prospective readers. the colours seem muted, due to the fact I reduced the opacity of the text  boxes. 

All in all, I believe that my final cover page was much more thought out and developed than my preliminary piece. I feel that my final piece appeals to my audience more than my college magazine, this increased understanding of my target audience improved the look of the cover page dramatically. 
My final cover page looks much more professional and i think this is mainly due to the fact that I have produced my final piece focusing on how to make it look as much like a magazine that could really be sold in the local corner shop as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment